Pages

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Adventures in Juicing - Experimenting (Pre Juice Fast)



I finally did it.  After months and months of research, I bought a juicer.  :D :D :D :D :D
Don't get me wrong.  I still LOVE making smoothies.  To me, a smoothie is totally different from juicing.

I bought the Omega 8004.  I went back and forth about which juicer to get... centrifugal or masticating.

Centrifugal or masticating...
Centrifugal or masticating...

Ultimately, the masticating kind won because I wanted my greens to be juiced well.


I want to do the "juice fast" for 5 days straight, where I'll only drink juiced veggies and fruits the entire time.

I WOULD start today, but I have a bonfire to go to on Saturday and... well... I don't want to juice at the bonfire.  *shrug*


SO, H and I decided to spend these next few days experimenting with various juice recipes.

Today, for lunch, I had this very deep green juice.

- Dino kale
- Celery
- Apples
- Carrots
- Cucumbers
- Lemon

(all organic)

Um, so being a first time juicer, I must say.... I did really good!! hahahah.
This was so yummy!!
I might have put in too much celery, though...
but it was still very yummy!!

AND, I am super full. I have a sandwich waiting for me because that's what lunch was supposed to be, but I'm gonna have to wait to eat it.

Can't wait to try more recipes so we can have a handful before we actually start this fast next week!!

Anyone have any juicing recipes they'd like to share with me?  (please? hahaha)

:D


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...