Pages

Monday, April 2, 2012

My Green Monster Smoothie


I love making smoothies.

I really like this green smoothie recipe I found online.
It is SO SO SO delicious and super healthy!

I always substitute the flavored yogurt for non-flavored Greek yogurt and add honey.

Today, I decided to change it up a little bit.

I added frozen peaches, whole flax seeds, and kale!
I also didn't have any bananas in the freezer so I just used a handful of ice cubes.


Yuri's Green Monster Smoothie

5-6 ice cubes
1 1/2 cup non-fat milk (I had to use more because my blender kept getting stuck)
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt1-2 tablespoons honey
6 oz frozen peaches (1/2 bag from Trader Joes)
1 banana
1 to 2 tablespoons peanut butter
1/4 to 1/2 cup whole flax seeds
1 cup kale
Baby spinach - fill the blender to the top

Put everything into blender and blend!

It's seriously SO delicious. You can't even tell you're drinking spinach!
My little Y LOVES this drink.

You can add whatever you want. I've added blueberries, strawberries, oranges, apples, etc, etc... (but if you add things like blueberries and strawberries, your smoothie will come out looking a little darker and not as bright green).


Let me know if you try it!

Also... let me know about your blender. I need some recommendations!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...